- Belts – If you have an hourglass figure, don’t wear a sack; accentuate your waist with a belt, whether you’re wearing a skirt, a dress or jeans. A large buckle will draw the eye away from whatever you’re trying to hide, or you can use a patterned scarf as a belt with jeans.
- Scarves – A brightly colored scarf will cheer up the dullest dress, and can be worn around the neck or draped over the shoulders and will draw attention away from a large bust. Long scarves will elongate the body.
- Jewellery – A brooch pinned near the neckline will again attract interest away from your bad points. Wear beads that fall in the right place; longer strings look better on plus size ladies with wide necks. To make people look at your face not your body, wear dangling or sparkling earrings. Don’t go overboard on necklaces if your dress is patterned, not plain. In general bigger jewellery looks better on the plus size woman as small, dainty items can make her look even bigger.
- Watches – Most people have a watch that they wear every day but a glitzy watch to glam up your cocktail dress is a good idea. One of those watches with different colored interchangeable face surrounds and straps is a great idea as it will always go with anything. Many store stock watches with longer straps for plus size people.
- Shrugs and Shawls – To hide upper arms when wearing a sleeveless dress, wear a shrug or shawl in a contrasting color. There are some lovely shrugs around in fluffy wool, faux fur or lacy effects.